Resuming Regular Hours of Operation May 19th!
The office will be closed for lunch and cleaning from 12:30-1:30.
On May 19th, Summerland Optometry will resume regular hours of operation and we will be providing a limited number of comprehensive examinations for patients who need new glasses and for eye health concerns (macular degeneration, cataract, glaucoma, etc.). Your safety is of the upmost importance and we have made several modifications to both the office and the delivery of your optometric care to minimize the risks associated with close physical distancing.
The following procedures will be effect.
- Comprehensive exams will be limited to allow for disinfection between patients.
- Private optical appointments will be available for eyewear purchases. This will allow us to control the number of patients in the office and ensure all frames that were touched are removed for sanitization.
- Virtual appointments are available with our doctors if new concerning symptoms develop and can be done to determine if any treatment should be attempted or whether a physical exam is required.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided when entering the office and at multiple stations.
- You will be required to wear a mask – please bring your own. We have some on order for patients who need one, but our supply has not arrived yet. We will have to postpone your appointment in the meantime if you do not have one.
- During the pre-test and examination, doctors and staff will wear face shields or masks.
- Routine examinations for kids under 12 will be deferred for now, unless there are any visual complaints.
- Please order your contacts via phone, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on our website. Most of our suppliers are offering free shipping directly to your house.
- Please order your ocular supplements, eye drops and lid hygiene products via phone or email (email@example.com). We are offering free local delivery for high risk patients or curb side/in office pick-ups.
- Glasses can be dropped off at the front desk for repairs/adjustments. Will we call you when they are ready to be picked up.
If you feel ill, have traveled outside of the Okanagan Valley in the last 2 weeks or have been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, please stay home. We can do a virtual appointment if there is any immediate concern.
Thank you for supporting our local business during this difficult time. Thank you for being patient, and for continuing to choose Summerland Optometry for your eye care.
From all the doctors and staff at Summerland Optometry
Welcome to Summerland Optometry
Summerland Optometry Clinic is a wheelchair accessible, full-scope optometric practice, with an in-house optical lab and dispensary. We provide many services from routine comprehensive eye exams, eye emergencies, vision training, refractive surgery co-management, to fulfilling all of you eyewear and contact lens needs.
We can now directly bill a number of insurance companies for your convenience. Please see the list of billable insurance companies below.
Since 1980, Summerland Optometry has been serving the South Okanagan, from Peachland and Penticton through to Oliver, Osoyoos, Keremeos and Princeton.
We can request direct payment from the following plans:
- Chambers of Commerce
- Claim Secure
- Great West Life
- Green Shield
- Industrial Alliance
- Johnson Inc
- Johnston Group
- Maximum Benefit
- Standard Life
- Sun Life
- Blue Cross
- Alberta Blue Cross
At Summerland Optometry, each member of our vision care team is selected based upon his or her experience, professional demeanor, and dedication to providing personalized care to our optometry patients.
Our entire optometry staff is committed to ensuring the comfort and satisfaction of each and every patient. We will do our best to accommodate your busy schedule by finding appointment times that meet your needs. Our knowledgeable staff at Summerland Optometry will work with you to help you understand your vision insurance coverage and provide financial alternatives to ensure you get the best vision care possible.
- Monday: 8:45 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:45 AM - 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:45 AM - 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:45 AM - 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:45 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Closed on Saturday throughout the summer